Thursday, June 10

Ozu Movies

Here's a list of all Ozu's movies -in chronological order (unfortunately most of the early ones are lost). I will try to mark(*) those I have seen-if I can remember correctly.





Sword of Penitence
Dreams of Youth
Wife Lost
Pumpkin
A Couple on the Move
Body Beautiful
Treasure Mountain
Days of Youth
Fighting Friends Japanese Style
I Graduated, But...
The Life of an Office Worker
A Straightforward Boy
An Introduction to Marriage
Walk Cheerfully
I Flunked, But...
That Night's Wife
The Revengeful Spirit of Eros
The Luck Which Touched the Leg
Young Miss
The Lady and the Beard
Beauty's Sorrows
Tokyo Chorus*
Spring Comes from the Ladies
I Was Born, But...**
Where Now Are the Dreams of Youth?
Until the Day We Meet Again
Woman of Tokyo
Dragnet Girl
Passing Fancy*
A Mother Should Be Loved
A Story of Floating Weeds**
An Innocent Maid
Kagamijishi
An Inn in Tokyo
College is a Nice Place
The Only Son*
What Did the Lady Forget?
Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family
There Was a Father
Record of a Tenement Gentleman*
A Hen in the Wind
Late Spring*
The Munekata Sisters
Early Summer*
The Flavor of Green Tea over Rice*
Tokyo Story**
Early Spring*
Tokyo Twilight***
Equinox Flower*
Good Morning*
Floating Weeds*
Late Autumn*
The End of Summer*
An Autumn Afternoon*
(54 in total)
*-those I have seen
**-my favorites
*** -this film will convert you if you are not already a fan

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails